Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some ATC's Sign In/Join 
Picture of kraftylady23
posted
I made some ATC's for a swap yesterday. Each needed to have a seed on them. I had a blast making them. The butterfly one has a cosmos seed for the body, the sunflower has 3 sunflower seeds in the corner, the bird has a sunflower seed in his mouth. I stamped, painted, used distress inks, Glossy Accents, and some stickers for these cards. Thanks for looking.
DJ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kraftylady23,

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2703 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
They are beautiful! TFS!

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7386 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your ATC's are beautiful and love the way you incorporated the seeds into each one. I have never made any of the ATC's but yours are small works of art. TFS

Posts: 2354 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Wow, those are really pretty! Nice job!

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3186 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are all very nice! Love the sunflower one.

Posts: 6370 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rubyred
posted Hide Post
Oh those are awesome!!! Couldn't pick a favorite, though I am partial to sunflowers. I love making ATC's. Yours are so creative!

Life's too short. Eat dessert first!!!!!!!

Posts: 2524 | Location: CT | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your kind compliments. I have really enjoyed these ATC swaps.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

posted Hide Post
Please help a non-text person. What are ATC's?

Posts: 6732 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rubyred
posted Hide Post
It's an Altered Trading Card. They are the size of a playing card (from a deck of cards). I think there are only 2 rules when it comes to ATCs - they must measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and can never be sold. They can be traded or swapped.

You can use a card from a deck or cut your own from cardboard, chipboard, the inside of a cereal box (or similar) and then decorate or embellish in any way you want. You can stamp, paint, cover with scrapbook paper, ink, anything at all and then add embellishments - stickers, brads, buttons, strings, ribbon, lace, ANYTHING. Usually a swap has a theme, but sometimes they are open to whatever you like.

There are groups worldwide that swap or trade. Go to Google Images and type in ATC and see what comes up. So many people are so talentd and they are tons of fun to make.

Life's too short. Eat dessert first!!!!!!!

Posts: 2524 | Location: CT | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
ATC stand for Artist Trading Cards and just as Rubyred stated they are just little miniature works of art. Thanks for the question and thanks to rubyred for her answer.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
love them.

Posts: 2943 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I was reading and one website says to keep them in albums. That seems a shame. Is there a way to display them?

Posts: 6732 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
Yes, there is many ways to display them, I know some who place them in shadow boxes, some have little easels, Some put multiples of them in frames. Ikeep mine in a binder in baseball cards holders and take them with me when I visit the nursing homes and they love to look at them and we talk about them too. It can take a long time and long chats to see all of the.
Fun times.
DJ

djcreationsonline.com

Picture of KansasRetiree
posted Hide Post
Your cards are beautiful and unique! Lovely!
Kathleen

Takin it easy...

Posts: 1821 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post