Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  looking for instructions pls
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for instructions pls Sign In/Join 
Picture of cuppy
posted
does anyone have the instruc for these paticular pot ppl ? TIA for your help.

Posts: 804 | Registered: Oct 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I googled "clay pot people" and got this
http://thewhoot.com.au/media/s...make-clay-pot-people
Sure are some cute ones out there. My grandma made Santa and Mrs.

Posts: 7428 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuppy
posted Hide Post
ty evelynb Smile while it shows the basics i cant tell what the hands and feet are made from and what they used for the clothes lol also it looks like they drilled a hole for the feet to come out of on the side and not really sure how to drill a clay pot lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cuppy,

Picture of Sadisu
posted Hide Post
here are step by step instructions that they say five year old can make, all I know is it takes a ton of pots and would not be cheap, I would go by there's except try to mold it off of your photo less pots etc. Joan

http://familycrafts.about.com/...Pot-Person-Craft.htm

Stay Calm crochet on

Posts: 106 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Feb 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sadisu
posted Hide Post
try pinterest

http://pinterest.com/wmeade/claypot-friends/

Stay Calm crochet on

Posts: 106 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Feb 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
looks easy enough, but costly. I think you could do the hands and shoes from foam.

Posts: 3056 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are so cute. I was thinking of making one for a housewarming gift for a friend of ours who is impossible to shop for. I don't know if you saw it or not, but craftyannie posted 2 links on making flower pot people that are a little bit different than these two. The post is on page two of this forum and is titled making flower pot people. it was posted on February 26, 2013. if you do decide to make it, would you please let me know how difficult it was to make? Thanks,

Posts: 236 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuppy
posted Hide Post
ty everyone for all your help.....im def going to try and do these Smile i just need to figure out hat the hands and feet are

i did look on pinterest and the link to them wouldnt open .....there are sooooooooo many ppl on fb alone that is looking for the instructions a friend of mine posted them and i went to the page she got them from and no instru or material list Frown i dont know why you post something and not how to make it Frown not all of us are as creative .....at least im not Smileph well wish me luck and if i get them done i will post intrstrc and material list Smile

Picture of paintlady34
posted Hide Post
It looks to me like they might have used doll shoes, the plastic ones and maybe also doll hands. These are so darn cute and I would love to make some but wander how much it would cost for all those pots ?? If anyone does make them I hope you will post pics and also how you did it.

Linda

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://stepbystepcrafting.blogspot.com/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Snowman tree and wire box snowman by Paintlady34
password===snowmantree

password- snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 3317 | Location: Iowa | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuppy
posted Hide Post
well while searching i had one person say the shoes looked like the plastic squeak toys for dogs and so i looked them up and sure enough they do but.....they are VERY EXPENSIVE .....but i really like these so the cost will be worth it to me Smile

posted Hide Post
Hi,

I jut bought the pots to make one of these for a gift for a friend of mine and I was wondering if anyone had made one yet. If so, did you ever end up finding he shoes and the hands? Do you have any tips or tricks? And does anyone know if the outfit on the body is painted on or made out of felt? I would love to see a picture of how it turned out. Thanks everyone!

Nicole

Posts: 236 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjvagar
posted Hide Post
Hi. Just saw this post and wanted to reply. Nope, I haven't made anything like this but thought that the clothes look like part was painted on while other parts look like they are glued over the painted parts. (For instance the 'petal' things on the dress). As far as the hands and feet go, the cheapest thing I can think of to use would be clay. It would be easy to mold them and bake them. Just do two things - make the inside aluminum foil so they wouldn't be too heavy and make sure to make the tops pretty thick where the holes would go so they wouldn't break easily. Same for the hands. They are very cute. I may try this for my Mom if I ever get the chance. I'm so busy painting stuff. Just wish I had a workable camera because I'm having such a hard time figuring prices and know I could get help here. Oh well lol. Good luck with them!

Posts: 4289 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Dec 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post