Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Birthday candy cake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Birthday candy cake Sign In/Join 
posted
I made this gift for my Mom last month as a belated birthday gift. It is a candy cake since she loves candy. I saw a bunch of different ones for sale on pinterest. Since the dollar store was out of those styrofoam rings, I used cardboard and cut out two long strips, one taller than the other and made them into a circle . I put the taller one on the inside I then used glue dots, double stick tape and a little bit of hot glue on a few stubborn pieces of candy and glued them to the cardboard. I also filled the center of the cake up with tons of candy. A lot could fit in there and then I made the two signs for the cake. If I was doing this for someone else, I would want two styrofoam rings to stack on top of each other to make it neater. But I knew mom would want to eat the candy right away (plus after being around he candy, I really wanted a piece too) and since I did not have to ship it anywhere the cardboard worked pretty well.

Nicole

Birthday candy cake

Posts: 207 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now theirs my kind of Birthday cake. Bet she loved it. TFS Liz

Posts: 957 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: Aug 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful gift! Who doesn't like candy.

Posts: 6601 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the nice comments! she did love it and now it is just a memory because we ate all of the candy!

Nicole

Posts: 207 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post