Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Some jewelry I've made lately
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some jewelry I've made lately Sign In/Join 
Picture of KarenMO
posted
Here are some jewelry pieces I've made recently.
This first bracelet is on stretchy cord, using some beads I found while cleaning our a drawer. They are just plastic faceted beads, but I liked the color green.............

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KarenMO,

Posts: 1305 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
The Joann's store in my area experienced a water main break that seriously damaged the store, so they were closed for almost a year, and recently reopened in a beautiful store in a new location, and I was drawn to these beads during my first visit there.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
This is a stretchy bracelet I made from a little package of beads that I'd had for several years, and I NEEDED a red bracelet,

Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
These are some other beads I got at the new store, and just put them onto a wire. As you can see, I was in a pink/green mood that day!

Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
The blue beads were some other beads I had on hand, and made a bracelet and matching earrings.

Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
Now I'm on a blue kick! I got these beads at Wally World, and someone told me they remind them of the delft blue china. For this bracelet, I used a ready made bracelet, and just strung the beads on and was finished! Not much work involved.

Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
This is my last piece. I'd had these beads a LONG time, but don't remember where or when I got them, but put them together for a necklace. They are heavy beads, so the necklace is weighty.

While making these items, I followed some directions I saw on Happy Bird's web site, and she recommends using crimp beads with the stretch cord, and a tiny dab of a glue she uses, and I used her idea with these pieces. I also used crimp covers in some cases. I also tried to learn how to use split rings, which is new for me, and a challenge. Thanks for looking. Karen

posted Hide Post
Beautiful, I love your work.

Posts: 203 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are beautiful! I really love that blue one with the matching earrings and the last one too. Where do you find the beads? I started making jewelry a couple months ago and I have bought them from Michaels and JoAnns. Have you found them at other places? thanks,

Posts: 146 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice color choices..thanks for sharing...
Melinda

Posts: 223 | Registered: Nov 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I can't decide which one I like the best.

Posts: 2315 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
These beads came from either hobby lobby, joann's or Michaels, or WM. I know some people like Fire Mountain Gems. Thanks for the kind words. I love making jewelry, and hope to learn tips and hints to help me as I go along.

posted Hide Post
They are all so lovely! The last two are my favorite!

Posts: 6368 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all are beautiful but my favorite is the pink and green bracelet. TFS your wonderful work

Posts: 2350 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh they are all pretty I like th second one best, even tho my favorite color is blue.
You inspired me. I won some beads and didn't know what to do with them. I'll make a bracelet.
Thanks.

Carlene

Posts: 1371 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
silly bird, be sure to show a picture of whatever you make. We want to see!

Picture of Qfroggi3
posted Hide Post
Is there a site that shows how to make these. My wrists are small and these look great.

Posts: 84 | Registered: Feb 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
Oops, Q, I answered your original message, so I won't repeat here. But good luck, and feel free to question me again, if need be.

Picture of Qfroggi3
posted Hide Post
Your bracelets are beautiful. You inspired me to try one. Thank You.

Posts: 84 | Registered: Feb 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of surfing
posted Hide Post
Your various pieces of jewelry are all so nice. Went back and took another look at them and can't decide which is my favorite, but it may be the red piece. Thanks for sharing them.

Ginny

Posts: 1912 | Location: Upstate New York | Registered: Jan 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
All of them are beautiful!!!

Posts: 5172 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post