HGTV Message Boards
Some jewelry I've made lately

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1004031632/m/2353938967

Apr 18, 2013, 09:16 PM
KarenMO
Some jewelry I've made lately
Here are some jewelry pieces I've made recently.
This first bracelet is on stretchy cord, using some beads I found while cleaning our a drawer. They are just plastic faceted beads, but I liked the color green.............

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KarenMO,

Apr 18, 2013, 09:23 PM
KarenMO
The Joann's store in my area experienced a water main break that seriously damaged the store, so they were closed for almost a year, and recently reopened in a beautiful store in a new location, and I was drawn to these beads during my first visit there.

Apr 18, 2013, 09:26 PM
KarenMO
This is a stretchy bracelet I made from a little package of beads that I'd had for several years, and I NEEDED a red bracelet,

Apr 18, 2013, 09:28 PM
KarenMO
These are some other beads I got at the new store, and just put them onto a wire. As you can see, I was in a pink/green mood that day!

Apr 18, 2013, 09:31 PM
KarenMO
The blue beads were some other beads I had on hand, and made a bracelet and matching earrings.

Apr 18, 2013, 09:33 PM
KarenMO
Now I'm on a blue kick! I got these beads at Wally World, and someone told me they remind them of the delft blue china. For this bracelet, I used a ready made bracelet, and just strung the beads on and was finished! Not much work involved.

Apr 18, 2013, 09:37 PM
KarenMO
This is my last piece. I'd had these beads a LONG time, but don't remember where or when I got them, but put them together for a necklace. They are heavy beads, so the necklace is weighty.

While making these items, I followed some directions I saw on Happy Bird's web site, and she recommends using crimp beads with the stretch cord, and a tiny dab of a glue she uses, and I used her idea with these pieces. I also used crimp covers in some cases. I also tried to learn how to use split rings, which is new for me, and a challenge. Thanks for looking. Karen

Apr 19, 2013, 09:42 AM
5bells
Beautiful, I love your work.
Apr 19, 2013, 11:34 AM
Nicole R
These are beautiful! I really love that blue one with the matching earrings and the last one too. Where do you find the beads? I started making jewelry a couple months ago and I have bought them from Michaels and JoAnns. Have you found them at other places? thanks,
Apr 19, 2013, 11:44 AM
GourdSilly
nice color choices..thanks for sharing...
Melinda
Apr 19, 2013, 12:41 PM
mira'smom
Very nice. I can't decide which one I like the best.
Apr 19, 2013, 09:08 PM
KarenMO
These beads came from either hobby lobby, joann's or Michaels, or WM. I know some people like Fire Mountain Gems. Thanks for the kind words. I love making jewelry, and hope to learn tips and hints to help me as I go along.
Apr 20, 2013, 08:14 PM
Craftyannie
They are all so lovely! The last two are my favorite!
Apr 21, 2013, 02:11 PM
shawneegal
all are beautiful but my favorite is the pink and green bracelet. TFS your wonderful work
Apr 23, 2013, 07:53 PM
silly bird
Oh they are all pretty I like th second one best, even tho my favorite color is blue.
You inspired me. I won some beads and didn't know what to do with them. I'll make a bracelet.
Thanks.

Carlene
Apr 29, 2013, 03:56 PM
KarenMO
silly bird, be sure to show a picture of whatever you make. We want to see!
May 07, 2013, 12:48 PM
Qfroggi3
Is there a site that shows how to make these. My wrists are small and these look great.
May 07, 2013, 03:38 PM
KarenMO
Oops, Q, I answered your original message, so I won't repeat here. But good luck, and feel free to question me again, if need be.
May 07, 2013, 05:50 PM
Qfroggi3
Your bracelets are beautiful. You inspired me to try one. Thank You.
May 07, 2013, 10:32 PM
surfing
Your various pieces of jewelry are all so nice. Went back and took another look at them and can't decide which is my favorite, but it may be the red piece. Thanks for sharing them.

Ginny
May 09, 2013, 05:26 PM
Mary J
All of them are beautiful!!!