Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gum huggers Sign In/Join 
Picture of granny3641
posted
I need a shoulder rub.!!!!! When I tried to scan and post the hugger patterns, I had to retrace everything!!!!! I didn't know that printer ink would fade so. And they have been in a folder. Anyway, I got some done. But I don't think I can post the patterns on here because hgtv shows everything so big that last time I tried it, it wouldn't print out right.

I'm going to post one and see if it works. And show you another set. And tomorrow I'm going to cut and put some together. Wish me luck lol

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9960 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Pattern to big. Will shrink it and then try to---never mind, talking to myself. I'll be back

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9960 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Ok--shrunk it.. Now I'll post it and then try to resave it to my pictures and then see if I can resize it.
I'm talking gibberish. To much 02 to my brain, what little I've got.!!!! I'll be back again. The basic hugger needs to be 2 7/8 to hold the gum or candy. Here goes.

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Well, it didn't work, so I guess I'll have to email them to those that want them. I will put the info on in the morning. Sorry

Jean

Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Jean...HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGS! Your the best! Thank you for getting to much O2 for us your awesome. Ok I would love the patterns that you have graciously redone for us. I'm sorry I caused trouble. sigh. My email address is
penmac@sympatico.ca

Shoulder rub, NO PROBLEM!
Penny

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Penmac,

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4569 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jean, here is my e-mail address
chiefk3@aol.com
Sure do appreciate all your hard work posting and sending.
Sherri

Posts: 228 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Nov 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes you are the best and love what you do for us here is my email address to if you dont mind jandycus1@aol.com thank you

Posts: 331 | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DARBYD
posted Hide Post
I would also love the pattern. Thanks for sharing
darbysmom@tampabay.rr.com

Posts: 340 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also would love the pattern. You are very generous!

Clindsay@pyramid.net
Thanks again

Posts: 631 | Location: Reno Nv | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I've sent to Penny, chiefk3, janv1953, DARBYD, nvkitz. Let me know if they don't come right.

I made up some today. Just to show you how they look. If you are going to use Lifesavers, make the 'arms' that go around a little longer, maybe a 1/4" longer on each side and top and bottom.

Santa whiskers should be a little longer and I used part of a cotton ball on him . I am NOT an artist. lolI also use a glue gun to do them. And sharpie fine line pens. Any thing else I tried didn't dry and smeared.

Jean

This message has been edited. Last edited by: granny3641,

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I forgot...Santa, snowman and deer on far right are made with the heart face.

These I didn't make but you have the patterns.

Jean

Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Morning Jean, I love all your guys and great tip about changing the arms if you use life savers. Thank you. As for the pattern. it did not come in my mail? Not sure why but I thought I would let you know.
Hugs again,
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4569 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are adorable!

Posts: 188 | Registered: Sep 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, they are all adorable. Do you paint these or use colored card stock?
Thanks again.
Sherri

Posts: 228 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Nov 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Penny...I did a copy and paste with the address you put on here. And sent a copy tomyself to see if it would work. Will try it again. Sorry. Just sent again. There are 5 pattern pages.

You can send me an email and I can do a reply. Maybe that will work. granny3641@yahoo.com

Jean

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
janv1953...I got a reply back from your address with a bunch of words pertaining to some love site. Nothing to do with the huggers. You might want to check that you haven't been hacked. I put it in spam. Hope it didn't get into my machine.

Did you get the patterns?

Jean

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
cheifk3...You use art foam to make them. No paper is used other than the pattern. And permanent markers to do the features. And hot glue gun.

Jean

Picture of rebelmom
posted Hide Post
Would love these wrappers if you are still sharing. Thanks
Deborah

beb@millry.net

Posts: 475 | Location: Al. | Registered: Feb 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jean yours are adorable! This site sells gum heads if you didn't want to make them yourself.

http://kimskandykreations.net/..._page=index&cPath=54

Posts: 6368 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bowlrmom
posted Hide Post
Jean, these are the most adorable little guys I've ever seen. Great job! If you're still sharing the patterns, I'd love to have them. The kids will enjoy them. tfs ...
CJ
crafticathi54@gmail.com

Posts: 370 | Location: SteelerNation | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Ladies...I'm so sorry I haven't gotten around to sending the huggers. I've been 'down' lately. Don't know what is the matter. Just no get up and go. Feeling better today tho.

Anyway...I will get around to sending them as soon as tomorrow. I only ask one favor, if you share them thru email to others, will you please, please take my address off the email before you forward it. Last time I sent something like this, I got back replies from so many people I didn't even know (and not from this board) about how to do them and what to use, etc. If I don't know people, I'm going to delete them or report them as spam.

With so many hackers going around I want to be careful. Thanks in advance.

So will get things ready for tomorrow (or sooner)

Jean

p.s. wish we could post on here like we used to do. So much easier.

Picture of bowlrmom
posted Hide Post
Jean, thank you so much for sending these cute little huggers to me. Email came through fine. You did a wonderful job with the instructions & patterns - you're 1 very talented lady!
Hugs, bowlermom

Posts: 370 | Location: SteelerNation | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Thank you for letting me know that you got them ok. I was wondering today. Hadn't heard from anyone.

I can't take credit for the huggers altho I wish I could.Smile I didn't make them up, only saved and passed them on. Glad you like them.

Jean

posted Hide Post
These are so adorable. I would love the pattern too when you get a chance. My e-mail is nikkir8481@aol.com. Thanks so much for coming up with such a great idea.

Nicole

Posts: 146 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post