Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  flat marbles and sealing/glue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

flat marbles and sealing/glue Sign In/Join 
Picture of wnlbutterfly
posted
I am working on a project where I want to print out on my inkjet pics and then put them onto clear flat marbles. I know the ink will bleed so I was thinking of running through my xyron and put sticky on the ink side...but I still need to seal it. Should I use modge podge or what? I am not adding magnets...they will be used as game pieces.

Posts: 616 | Location: Ottawa, KS USA | Registered: Aug 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Check out Krylon "Preserve It", spray sealant?
Make sure to use a good photo paper, and allow to image to dry really well. Light spray coats, both sides of the image.

Posts: 9679 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use "Workable Fixatif" by Krylon purchased at Michael's. Most of my printing is then run through my Xyron laminate cartridge and there is no smudging of the ink.

Peruvian Paso-The Glide Ride With Attitude

Posts: 178 | Location: Elma, Washington | Registered: Mar 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
What about using the Xyron cartridge that applies adhesive to one side and laminate to the other?

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3204 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post