Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  DIY kids hair accessories
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DIY kids hair accessories Sign In/Join 
Picture of Hellen K
posted
When I first saw this cute and adorable DIY kid’s hair accessory, I wanted to bring a bunch of them home for my sisters' angels. However, as a crafter, I prefer to create my own handmade jewelry designs. So I made one myself! I’ll teach you here how to make this cute string wrapped headband adorned with bright rhinestones.

This handmade jewelry design was specially prepared for Children’s Day. You will learn to make this featured DIY kids hair accessory that is decorated with shimmering rhinestones. It’s really cute!

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jun 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Yup...pandahall again...won't open. Do you think it's because it's a selling site????

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10012 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes granny3641 it is for sale. check out craftsy.com look under projects.search down aways and there it is. if you click on it 2 times the second picture tells you it the pattern is for sale.
question where did the red line under project come from. this is a first for me.

Be happy Be safe

Posts: 1059 | Location: east coast | Registered: Apr 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
ice cream...I don't know what you mean by 'red line'. Sorry

This lady and another are affiliated with a couple of selling sites from China. One site is pandahall and the other site is lovehobbycraft. They post their projects and then tell that you can buy the material to make them from their sites. And they very seldom give a pattern. Oh the pattern is there but not so we can use it. They just show a group of pieces cut out and laid out and stacked side by side. No measurements given. They keep telling us the patterns are there. But a little research shows that we have to BUY them when we order the materials to make them. Once in awhile the pattern is there and in checking, you will find the project came from another site that is free. (I found the baby shoe pattern I wanted on a totally different site not affiliated with the 'lady' who wouldn't give the pattern up.!!!) And a lot of ideas from Pinterest. The bottom line is...they are advertising their sites and there is not supposed to be any advertising on hgtv boards.

I think a 3rd lady is also involved. She came in about the same time and makes me wonder, with the way she 'talks' and the things she posts.

So I don't even go to their site anymore. I really try to buy AMERICAN. I know I can't always. But when Gr.Bonnie was kicked of, in my opinion, for showing and telling the prices of the things she made to sell, it 'gets my goat'. And she GAVE the directions free for everything she made. And did NOT sell on these boards.

Ok off to set in a corner for a few minutes to calm down. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10012 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
I found the DIY for this headban on Craftstylish.com . All instructions included. I googled the phrase DIY kids accessories & this is one site that popped up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7793 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good post granny. I too try to buy American if I can. In the craft world it is rather difficult but I was recently elated to find a scrapbooking store in Beaver Pa. that had 90% USA made paper. If everyone makes an effort we can bring manufacturing back to the US a little at a time, and shame on those who pair up with the Chinese companies to pad their nests. Don't get me started! LOL While I am on my soapbox , try to support your local businesses. We just had two scrapbooking stores close because they couldn't compete with the chain stores. Now we have no place to crop. So sad!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: notenoughtime,

Posts: 678 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hellen K
posted Hide Post
yes, dear mgt, i submit my DIY kids hair accessories to Craftstylish.com, thx for ur attention on my craft.i just want to share my good craft to more people. welcome ur good advice Smile
quote:
Originally posted by mgt:
I found the DIY for this headban on Craftstylish.com . All instructions included. I googled the phrase DIY kids accessories & this is one site that popped up.

Picture of Hellen K
posted Hide Post
dear granny3641, i love u so much, because u give me so much good advice.i am sorry you can not open my shared tutorial now. but i can promise that what i shared are really good tutorial for free, of course, if u r a jewelry craft lover, u will find how valuable it is about what i share. In fact, as Chinese people, we r very very friendly for American people, culture and product, i love iphone,Ford,Nike and so on. so i hope American people also can realize Chinese people are great, Chinese culture is great and profound, Chinese products are popular and good. let us build a more beautiful world together!
quote:
Originally posted by granny3641:
ice cream...I don't know what you mean by 'red line'. Sorry

This lady and another are affiliated with a couple of selling sites from China. One site is pandahall and the other site is lovehobbycraft. They post their projects and then tell that you can buy the material to make them from their sites. And they very seldom give a pattern. Oh the pattern is there but not so we can use it. They just show a group of pieces cut out and laid out and stacked side by side. No measurements given. They keep telling us the patterns are there. But a little research shows that we have to BUY them when we order the materials to make them. Once in awhile the pattern is there and in checking, you will find the project came from another site that is free. (I found the baby shoe pattern I wanted on a totally different site not affiliated with the 'lady' who wouldn't give the pattern up.!!!) And a lot of ideas from Pinterest. The bottom line is...they are advertising their sites and there is not supposed to be any advertising on hgtv boards.

I think a 3rd lady is also involved. She came in about the same time and makes me wonder, with the way she 'talks' and the things she posts.

So I don't even go to their site anymore. I really try to buy AMERICAN. I know I can't always. But when Gr.Bonnie was kicked of, in my opinion, for showing and telling the prices of the things she made to sell, it 'gets my goat'. And she GAVE the directions free for everything she made. And did NOT sell on these boards.

Ok off to set in a corner for a few minutes to calm down. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Jean

Picture of Hellen K
posted Hide Post
hi, dear icecream, thx for ur attention on my tutorial, yes, i submit it to craftsy yet, but i must explain our tutorials are free for everyone, we only share it to more peolple in the world. because so many people need and love them.
quote:
Originally posted by icecream:
Yes granny3641 it is for sale. check out craftsy.com look under projects.search down aways and there it is. if you click on it 2 times the second picture tells you it the pattern is for sale.
question where did the red line under project come from. this is a first for me.