Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Words of wisdom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Words of wisdom Sign In/Join 
Picture of Penmac
posted
I got my half wooden eggs today. Thank you Shawneegal for the information. I did order from there. I ended up paying $5.50 US for 25 then $25.39 US shipping and then when UPS shows up I had to pay another $21.11 + tax Canadian duty...grand total $53.47 ( $2.14 per egg )OMG...Really! LOL A lesson learned. I will use clay next time or cut eggs if I can find out how. I wanted to post this for anyone in Canada that may want to order supplies. ( it would be nice if Canada knew what craft supplies were so we could purchase here ) I'm thinking it would have been a lot more fun to go to Texas to buy them! LOL Thanks all
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4638 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
And I just read that in the States, they want to raise postal rates again.!!!!

Buy a vise and good saw and do your own.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10044 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG that is obscene! Why did you have to pay the extra to UPS? I don't understand.

Posts: 699 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
From what I understand ( cousin works for Purolator ) UPS charges their own fees for shipping and handling. The 2 are combined here and he said that a lot of customers are big time complaining about the extra fees and I did NOT know about these fees until he was standing at my door. I have cash...nope we don't accept cash???? OK!? Visa, master card or check. sigh..As I said, it was a lesson well learn and I did get my military guys done for an order although I will take a little bit of a loss it's all good. :0)
Penny

Posts: 4638 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Penny, I am so sorry !!! I had no idea that it would cost you so much and that is highway robbery !!! I am so sorry I gave you the info on where to order from.
I can't understand how they can get away with charging so much then-- adding even more when they delivered. That is unreal and once again, I AM SORRY.
Yes, they are wanting to add 3 cents more to the postage.

Posts: 2395 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Penny...did you have to pay more for the package I sent you?

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10044 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Shawneegal PLEASE, PLEASE do not feel bad. It was the only place ( Seems like in the world LOL ) that had these eggs. I THANK YOU SO MUCH for finding the site information. The way I look at it is this, it may have cost more to get them but I now have a great " Repeat " customer and that means everything right! :0)

Jean, no I did not have any extra charges and the military guys are part of what you sent to me. Once again " Thank you " Your a doll.
Penny

Picture of hjvagar
posted Hide Post
I'm coming in on this conversation at the end from what I'm reading but wanted to ask a question. If granny sent something and the postage was much lower, could one of us purchase what you want and send it to you much cheaper? If anyone else on here is like me they have packing stuff from other packages saved for future use so that cost would be nothing. Just asking because if it's something that I could purchase near me, I would gladly do so, send it on to you and you could reimburse me for what it cost. No problem at all! Not sure though if it's something in a store near me lol. Please post and let me know. Thanks.

Posts: 4289 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Dec 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I've thought of that too, Vickie. And would be willing to do it for someone too.

Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Wow! I have been here for almost 10 years the end of this month and I just want to say " THANK YOU ALL! " You are so amazing, wonderful, kind, generous and every other positive word out there. I feel like this is home and you are all my extended family. You make me smile each and every day. Again, thank you.

I surely will post if I am looking for something once again. Really, just wow! :0)
HUGE HUGS to you all.
Penny