Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  white and silver wreath
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

white and silver wreath Sign In/Join 
posted
I had a really hard time taking this picture and it looks much better in person... the buttons, i bought at Joann's when they have sales.

Melinda

Posts: 256 | Registered: Nov 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like this wreath. At xmas time you could add a few red berries to tart it up. Good Job. TFS Liz

Posts: 957 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: Aug 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking a wide red ribbon to hang with.
But berries may be better. Thanks
Melinda

posted Hide Post
That is so pretty. Why not berries and a red ribbon for Christmas?

Posts: 684 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kraftylady23
posted Hide Post
I am sure the pictures do not do this justice, these wreaths are beautiful. Amazing job on these.
Donna H.

djcreationsonline.com

Posts: 2748 | Registered: Mar 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone... They def. take time in doing them, but the end result are worth it.
Melinda

posted Hide Post
I love the bling that you have added to it. It also would look good hanging on a colored door as it is.

Posts: 6601 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Nice, but speaking of bling, why not adorn these natural wreaths with faux jewels/jewelry next time? The coupling of the rustic pinecones with gleam, glitz and glitter will be unexpected, memorable and festive for the otherwise bleak winter months. Utilize gold or silver costume jewelry featuring rhinestone, faux gems and pearls where buttons were previously used.

Posts: 18688 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I had the buttons on hand... And I use my faux bling jewelry for other things... I respruced a wonderfully heavy mirror... I got it from a free pile and it looks like the one you see at Macy's cosmetic counters... The silver was pitted so I added bling to the edges... The one side of the mirror was cracked... So I added a line of bling over the crack... Works for me!
Melinda

Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Melinda, Your wreath is beautiful. You are very creative. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now we're almost finished with a blue one.. My friend wanted to do this for her mother in law for Easter... She did all the work except for the putting together... I'm helping... I'll take pics and share when finished.. Hopefully that will be Monday! Melinda