Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  Pretty light bulb
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pretty light bulb Sign In/Join 
posted
This looks pretty easy. Use lace and spray paint.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chiefk3,

light bulb

Posts: 245 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Nov 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
That is very nice and different. I have been saving my old light bulbs to paint faces on them. Now I will have to try this. Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are very pretty. I can see them also being painted red & green, or gold.

Posts: 6566 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are absolutely gorgeous! Craftyannie is right, you can totally paint them red, green and gold to use as X-mas ornaments.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Nov 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had looked at these many time and for some reason I did not think 'lace'!!
Some minds (mine) NEED help!

Posts: 1040 | Location: NW Florida 8b | Registered: May 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Think how pretty those would be with glitter! You can use a glitter paint or just sprinkle it on while the paint is wet. You could go one step further and paint them with Glo-in-the-dark paint so they'd 'light up' at night.

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3203 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CrazyMe-Ma
posted Hide Post
I have another cool idea. What about those small hanging vases or sitting I guess that I have seen made from light bulbs? I think they are cute.

Posts: 348 | Location: PA | Registered: Jan 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maryim
posted Hide Post
Very pretty, most of my light bulbs aren't clear tho.

Posts: 5423 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
maryim,

I don't have any clear bulbs either but you could still do it over the white ones. You could even paint the bulb another color before doing the lace.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainee,

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3203 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
This is really a neat idea. I think I would like to try to do these for next year. TFS
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4570 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this would work on jars and bowls also.

Posts: 245 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Nov 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen posts where the top of the bulb was removed and then can be washed out to make it clear. It looks easy but I haven't tried it.

Posts: 1040 | Location: NW Florida 8b | Registered: May 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maryim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maryim:
Very pretty, most of my light bulbs aren't clear tho.

It's to pretty an idea not to do something with it.

Posts: 5423 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post