Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  spinner from cd's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

spinner from cd's Sign In/Join 
Picture of granny3641
posted
Neat craft for the kids. Made a spinner from old cd's. Kids would love this. And make a good gift for Easter baskets and maybe even to sell at craft shows. Use you imagination. lol

http://craftsinfo.net/?p=290

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kids would love to play with these! Great idea!

Posts: 6630 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
love this idea, how do you download the patterns?

Posts: 2157 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I do a copy and paste and then email it to myself. Then I can print it out. Or save into your favorites and then you can 'visit' the site any time you want.

Oh...the patterns...I tell you I'm a dunce lately. I think you use your own patterns. I would trace around a cd disc, then trace it onto the paper you want to use and trim it down about an 1/8th in all around. Or how ever you want to decorate the 'spinner'.

Did this help?

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if there's a way to use a small marble? Put something or glue to make the hole smaller .. Don't have the shooter size just smaller ones...
That one with the red/white stripe... Probably would make me dizzy... LOL
Melinda

Posts: 289 | Registered: Nov 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
betcha you could get some scrapper paper in interesting patterns

Posts: 2157 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Now this is neat. Thanks Jean for sharing.
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4590 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mooki
posted Hide Post
LOVE these!!!! We have made these in our after-school program with good results. A regular marble works just fine, too, and then you don't have to use a super tall cap to cover it. Our kids just drew on the cd with permanent marker, too.... these are a lot of fun for the kids to do....

mooki

Posts: 400 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post