Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Holiday Crafts
  CRAFT CHALLENGE are you ready?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CRAFT CHALLENGE are you ready? Sign In/Join 
posted
Hope I'm not stepping on toes here... if so I'll delete! But I really need a kick start...
So, are you in..?

Deadline Sept 30th...
THEME: Halloween
RULES: there really isn't any, except to use
....ONLY WHAT YOU HAVE ON HAND!!!
no...no...NO... buying anything...

now GO... and the last week of Sept we can start THE show....

Posts: 243 | Registered: Nov 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
With as many supplies that I have, I can't think of a thing to make. Now that is weird.!!!
But Ill try to come up with something. Can it be something we've made before.?

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10013 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
NO BUYING ANYTHING??????
With THIS crowd I don't think that's going to be a problem. LOL

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3203 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm game to give it a try. I certainly have more than enough supplies!

Posts: 2350 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Count me in. I don't really do Halloween but sounds like something fun to me. Different. I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks GourdSilly for starting this. Sound fun and looking forward to seeing what everyone does.
Penny

Today, Tomorrow and always!

If you see someone without a smile...give them one of yours!

Posts: 4570 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ALMOST TIME.... cant wait to see all of the great creations.... this week...

Melinda

Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Got mine done, just need to take a picture of it.

Posts: 5181 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
I am going to be really busy today so I jumped in here quickly to show what I had done. It's my pumpkin. Our thanks giving is next month..oh my! LOL So, not really halloween but I hope it's ok. Can't wait to see what everyone has done. Come on gals show us your stuff! LOL
Penny

Posts: 4570 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Oct 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love your pumpkin centerpiece Penny. Very pretty. I love the Fall colors .
Here are two little gifts I made for a friend here and I had everything right here. Grew the gourd myself too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shawneegal,

Posts: 2369 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
forgot I have to put them in separate posts-- here is the 2nd-- a chenille stem kitty ornament with a printed head-- she does have 4 legs but the photo doesn't look like she does. I didn't make her a deformed kitty ha ha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shawneegal,

Posts: 2369 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Love the fall centerpiece!! Ghost gourd....adorable!! Black kitty is so cute!

I made this wreath. Everything was from different areas of my craft room!!

Posts: 5181 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
love your wreath Mary. The fall colors are so pretty, aren't they ?

Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Oh I love what you all have come up with. Your gourd ghost NICE! Wreath wow! Is your kitty made out of pipe cleaners? Made me smile. Talent is just so cool on here.

In my little corner of the world the colours are peaked and just starting to go. One good wind storm and it's going to look bla out there. I'm going to enjoy this for as long as I can.
Penny

posted Hide Post
I love looking at all the Halloween crafts, everyone made. I have to thank my dear friend Pam (Shawneegal) for sending me the ghost gourd, and chenille kitty. They are so cute.
Betty

Posts: 270 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad they gave you a smile dear friend ,Betty.

posted Hide Post
All of your crafts are very nice! The ghost is so adorable!

Posts: 6568 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love all three of those! I would love to know where you can find a gourd that shape for the ghost. I am in the process of making some Halloween gifts for a friend of mine. I have made one or two things for mom and I, but we don't realy celebrate Halloween. Can you believe that we do not get any trick or treaters at all? These projects are great. I cannot wait to see what you come up with.

Posts: 201 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Nicole, glad you like the ghost. We never get trick or treaters either now that our grands are grown but that doesn't stop me from decorating for the inner child in me ha ha I also make treat bags --just in case-- even though hubby and I usually have to eat them later --what a chore ha.
I grew my gourd but I know they have paper mache ones in the craft stores but don't know if they are expensive or not and also you can find them in farmers markets to buy You might google or see if you can find a place that sells them but I think a farmers market is the best bet. Maybe someone here can help you.

posted Hide Post
hey all, i'm so sorry that I went MIA... For what ever reason i cannot reply to anything off my phone to here... really frustrated.

nice crafts going on, love the snowman, wreath, center table decor, and that cat.. it would have been prefect for the corn stalks my sister and i worked on... We have a craft fair this weekend coming up... i haven't did a CF in yrs...

So, my first pic is something old i still have on my shelf...my evolution into junkola... lol

i kept the tiny spider web, just kinda adds to the spirit.

Melinda

posted Hide Post
so this and the next few pics are things i'm working on.

melinda

posted Hide Post
here's the next one

Melinda

posted Hide Post

next one
melinda

posted Hide Post
the last of my pumpkins i did others.... but they're covered up for the wicked weather heading my way.

melinda

posted Hide Post
so, i cant show these to you yewt because i cant set them up alone... there's 9 scarecrow...ready for the craft fair this Sunday. Camera's on my list!

melinda

posted Hide Post
up close....

Melinda

Picture of DianMo
posted Hide Post
MY! Someone has been very busy. I've always enjoyed gourd arts and crafts, people get so artsy and creative. You've done a great job with your gourds. Thanks for sharing with us. Dian

Posts: 2753 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Love everything that's been posted. You ladies do great work.!!!

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10013 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penmac
posted Hide Post
Melinda...one word...AWESOME! Love the scarecrows oh the gourds. LOL thier faces are so wonderful. LOL Makes me laugh.
Penny

Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
The gourds are cracking me up!! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Love all of the gourd faces!

Posts: 6568 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aunt Diane
posted Hide Post
Well better late then never...lol
Didn't spend a dime...everything OLD is NEW again!
Porch:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aunt Diane,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snowman Tree: byPaintlady34
Password: snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 7483 | Registered: Jan 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aunt Diane
posted Hide Post
Porch #2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snowman Tree: byPaintlady34
Password: snowmantree

http://s1229.photobucket.com/a...69/Craftingfriends1/

Posts: 7483 | Registered: Jan 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love all the crafts you made for the show and you have been busy.

Ms Di-- your porch would really make a person feel welcome. Very pretty
Everyone keep posting pretties, please.

posted Hide Post
thanks for the comments... craft fair report... only sold one scarecrow... so today thwey go out on my lawn to try to sell them with the left over pumpkins... which we sold a bunch... We sold 30.00 dollars of face pumpkins... one of the biggest seller, no lie, we sold the 3/$1.00 and the smaller 4/&1.00 gourds that we brought at the last minutes. they don't stand, they're bumpy, so no painting on them.... think it was close to 60.00 worth...! go figure... all in all a grand total of 160.00. we only paid for one booth, we had two... $30.00.,

So, i ask... who's going to start the NEXT CRAFT CHALLENGE?
Melinda Smile